Bangladesher Workers Party (In Bangla)
Workers Party of Bangladesh- WPB (In English)
Date of Establishment:
Workers Party of Bangladesh (WPB) is the continuation of Communist Party of India (British India) founded in 1921. Workers Party of Bangladesh emerged as a united party of several Communist Parties in 1993. WPB has the components many Communist groups and it has the tradition to observe the date of establishment of 1921 and 1993.
Mission & Objectives:
Marxism and Leninism are the ideological basis of WPB. Its mission to establish socialism in Bangladesh through peoples democratic revolution. The main objectives are to build a non-communal people’s democratic modern Bangladesh with the spirit of liberation war (1971) and establish social justice and equality in the society. WPB has been fighting against Imperialism, militarism, fundamentalism and all sorts of undemocratic rules.
Activities: Struggles & Campaign:
WPB actively participated in the liberation war (1971) of Bangladesh. The Leaders of WPB was the active in guerrilla warfare in liberation war and fought 25 years political struggle against Pakistani ruling class.
IN Bangladesh, from 1972 to 1975, WPB fight for establish people’s rights in administration and constitution in new born Bangladesh. After 1975, WPB struggle against military dictatorship and imperialism and fundamentalism till 1990 to establish democratic rights of the people. In these period, WPB struggle to establish workers right, trade union front of WPB fourth some historic fight against anti labor rules and denationalization of public industries. WPB also fighting for the rights of the peasants.
WPB has been fighting against neo-liberalism and its effects on public life.
The main campaigns of WPB are against imperialism, fundamentalism and militarism.
Recently WPB launched a campaign in form of 21 points demand.
Party Memberships: Full Member- Three Thousand
Candidate Member- Two Thousand
Primary Member- Five Thousand
Trade Union Membership: Ten Luck (1 Million)
Peasant Membership: Five Luck (half Million)
Students Membership: One Luck
Youth Membership: One Luck
Women Membership: Fifty Thousand
Membership in Parliament: 4
↓ → Control Commission
District Committee ͢ City Corporation Committee
Upazila, Thana+ local Area Committee
Ward, Union Committee
Achievements and Challenges:
The main achievements of WPB are:
- Keeping the ideology of Marxism, Leninism and Mao’s thought in the political sphere.
- Keeping struggle against Neo-liberalism and its effect on economy and public lives.
- Bring back the principle of Socialism and Secularism in the constitution.
- Ousted right wing fundamentalist government and established a secular government in Bangladesh in 2008.
- WPB has increased its influence on political area being elected in parliament.
- WPB has been playing a influential role in parliamentary politics.
The main challenges are:
- To keep movements on against fundamentalism and Neo-Liberalism.
- To keep organization on and increase its influence on political activities facing the neo-liberalist ethics.
- Moral degradation of society happening with the influence of neo-liberal market-centric principals that attracts consumerism.